For the first time in 35 years, the Air Jordan 1 is coming back in its original form, as close to the 1985 release as possible — but it won’t be easy to get.
This latest iteration of the Jordan 1 features a traditional black and red color scheme inspired by the uniforms that NBA icon Michael Jordan wore during his playing days with the Chicago Bulls. The pair sports a black-based leather upper with contrasting red overlays, which sits atop a clean white midsole and red outsole. Longtime sneaker enthusiasts will appreciate that this release will include retro-style packaging, including a drawstring bag that marks each of 23,000 pairs made, along with an original-style hangtag depicting the legendary baller soaring above the Windy City skyline.
More from Footwear News
- J Balvin Teases Air Jordan 1 Collaboration Ahead of Super Bowl 54 on Instagram
- This Air Jordan 1 Mid Looks Like a Disco Ball
- Zion Williamson Will Wear This Air Jordan Sneaker During His NBA Debut Tonight
In related Jordan Brand news, the company is planning to release several pairs of sneakers for next week’s NBA All-Star Weekend along with a new Air Jordan 3 Retro SE “Unite,” which is being released exclusively in Chicago.
Football Players Are Honoring Kobe Bryant With Their Cleats at Super Bowl 54
LeBron James Wears an Unreleased Undefeated x Nike Kobe Sneaker Before Playing the Sacramento Kings
LeBron James Honors Kobe Bryant by Wearing Multiple Pairs of His Nike Signature Sneakers
Best of Footwear News
- 11 Best Yeezy Sneakers That You Can Shop Now
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts