Odell Beckham Jr. helped spread the holiday spirit today with his pre-game footwear.
The superstar wide receiver, 27, laced up in his usual Nike Vapor Untouchable Pro 3 OBJ Uptempo Cleat with a Christmas-inspired twist: The shoes were designed to resemble the Grinch. His Cleveland Browns are taking on the Baltimore Ravens today at home. Game time is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.
More from Footwear News
- After Jordan Brand's $1B Quarter, Here's What Will Drive Business Moving Forward
- Colin Kaepernick Reveals the Release Date for His Upcoming Nike Air Force 1
- Virgil Abloh's New Nike x Off-White Dunk Lows Quickly Sold Out, But You Can Still Get Them
The beloved character’s original interpretation was brought to life in the shoes. The cleats featured a fuzzy green upper, with red and white candy cane trim around Beckham Jr.’s initials and number, plus twinkling lights in the outsole. The Swoosh branding at the toe was embroidered in yellow thread and appeared similar to the drawings in the classic Dr. Seuss storybook.
As has been typical of the athlete’s pregame footwear, the Vapor Untouchable Pro 3 OBJ Uptempo will not be sold at retail.
This is Beckham Jr.’s first season in Cleveland after being traded by the New York Giants during the off-season. The athlete signed a $95 million, five-year contract with the Giants in 2018, with $65 million in guaranteed money.
OBJ has worked with Nike for years and signed a contract extension with the sportswear giant in 2017 in what at the time was reported to be the richest-ever shoe deal in NFL history. In addition to making headlines — and sparking social media discussion — with his custom pregame cleats, Beckham Jr. has teamed up with Nike on lifestyle designs, including multiple iterations of the Nike Air Max 270.
Two Classic Nike Basketball Sneakers Inspired Odell Beckham Jr.’s New Football Cleats
Odell Beckham Jr. Gifted Tom Brady Special Nike Cleats Made With Faux Goat Hair
LeBron James Wears Odell Beckham Jr.’s ‘Sick’ Nike Collab
Best of Footwear News
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court