Megan Rapinoe has had quite a year.
After securing the FIFA 2019 Women’s World Cup in France this summer and winning the tournament’s Golden Ball and Golden Boot, the 34-year-old soccer superstar also took home her first-ever Ballon d’Or Féminin award Monday. In celebration of her most recent accomplishment, Nike created a commemorative soccer cleat exclusively for her.
More from Footwear News
- Hailey Baldwin Dresses Down a Pantsuit With a Hoodie & Her Go-To Nike Sneakers
- Kanye West Tests Out Nike Sneakers on Tokyo Shopping Outing
- 15 Best Nike Sneakers of All Time That You Can Shop Right Now
The special Nike Mercurial Vapor 13 Elite FG cleat is executed in a vibrant pink and gold colorway that draws inspiration from Rapinoe’s signature hair color and the gold hardware she has won thus far in her illustrious playing career. Her first and last name appears prominently on the lateral sides of the boot, with the Swoosh’s famous “Just Do It” tagline featured on the medial side. The heel counter and sockliner carry the four stars Rapinoe and her American teammates proudly sport on their national team jerseys. The stars represent the team’s four FIFA Women’s World Cup championship titles.
According to the brand, this special edition Nike Mercurial Vapor 13 Elite FG will not be sold at retail stores.
You Can Customize Kyrie Irving’s Nike Sneaker With Glow-in-the-Dark Features
NBA Star Kyrie Irving’s Latest Nike Shoe Colorway Will Mess With Your Eyes
Nike 2019 Black Friday Sale: Shop Huge Discounts on Shoes, Apparel and More
Best of Footwear News
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court