Game shows are a great source of entertainment, especially when a contestant or host does something particularly embarrassing. Luckily, 2020 had plenty of those moments. Here are some of the funniest and awkward moments from shows like “Jeopardy,” “Wheel of Fortune,” “Celebrity Family Feud,” and “The Price Is Right.”
- New shoes or sun boots?
- New pair of sun boots.
- New pair of sky boots?
PAT SAJAK: [LAUGHS] No.
- New pair of ski boots.
PAT SAJAK: That's it.
- Hilarious wrong answers and awkward moments are a favorite amongst game show viewers. And fortunately, 2020 had plenty of them. Nobody knows this better than NFL Hall-of-Famer Bruce Smith after he shocked "Celebrity Family Feud" host Steve Harvey with a ridiculous answer.
STEVE HARVEY: If Captain Hook was moonlighting as a handyman, he might replace his hook with what tool?
BRUCE SMITH: A hammer.
STEVE HARVEY: Try again.
BRUCE SMITH: A penis.
STEVE HARVEY: Tell me the age a kid is too old to sleep with a teddy-- what the [BLEEP] did he say?
- "Price is Right" host Drew Carey constantly meets people hoping to win prizes. But contestant Paris Hunter Paul made things extra awkward when he also tried to win back an ex.
- And hi to my ex-girlfriend, I still love you. And let's give it another shot, woo!
- And Drew hoped that a spin of the wheel might change his luck.
DREW CAREY: She's got to love you now, you just spun the 90 on the wheel. You're a dope to dump this guy.
- Jeopardy's Alex Trebek hosted the show for 36 years before recently succumbing to pancreatic cancer. But 2020 still managed to provide surprises for both him and fans.
ALEX TREBEK: Stage looks like a very lonely place right now. I cannot recall the last time we had only one player in Final Jeopardy.
- And even though he liked to share a laugh with contestants, occasionally, he was the one causing the laughs.
ALEX TREBEK: Jessica Rabbit, you're going to wrap up the week with us having earned $46,598.
And your last name is not Rabbit, it's Babbitt.
- It's a common mistake.
ALEX TREBEK: This is not my day for names.
- Fans thought the hilarious gaffe was great, and Alex turned it into a complete win.
ALEX TREBEK: This is Alex "Re-bek" saying goodbye until tomorrow.
- And while the awkward moments of 2020 were brief, they will live on forever on the World Wide Web.
STEVE HARVEY: Your ass is going on YouTube though.
- He said y'all gonna be on YouTube.
STEVE HARVEY: Oh, but you going to be on YouTube. You going to be the greatest clip ever played.
Because Captain Hook replaced his hook with a penis.