The actress, whose show was nominated for Best Comedy, stepped out in a gorgeous, floor-length, burnt-orange gown. Her dress stood out for a few reasons. We’re used to seeing floral patterns, but Hyland’s had a leaf pattern. Plus, it had a massive cutout that exposed her rib cage.
The dress had a high neck and no sleeves, and it hugged her fit figure. The lower half of the skirt flared out, giving this crisp, fall-feeling dress a feminine flow.
According to the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, the daring gown is by designer Zac Posen, whose designs she’s worn before — including to the Emmys in 2015.
The 26-year-old broke up with Dominic Sherwood, her boyfriend of two years, a few weeks ago. If this is her way of showing she’s getting along just fine, we got the message loud and clear.
Twitter isn’t totally sure about the bold look, with some comparing it to Hawaiian Tropic and curtains, while others pointed out that it seems her Spanx are showing in the cutout.
Digging Tessa Thompson's rainbow metallic. Not so much on Sarah Hyland's Hawaiian Tropic. #Emmys
— Candice Springer (@CandiceSpringer) September 17, 2017
— rishi (@rmagia) September 17, 2017
Sarah Hyland is usually one of my faves, but I am not feeling that dress. Is that her Spanx showing? #Emmys
— Jaclynn Knecht (@jaclynn_k) September 17, 2017
Either way, we cannot deny she’s blown us away in the leaf print number.
More Emmy Awards coverage from Yahoo:
- Jane Fonda, nearly 80, wears long, faux ponytail to Emmys
- Sofia Vergara says sexy Emmys dress is ‘perfect for voluptuous women’
- Sean Spicer drives podium onstage to open 2017 Emmy Awards
- Stephen Colbert’s best monologue jokes at the 2017 Emmys
- See all the 2017 Emmy Awards arrivals
- Anna Faris slays while making postsplit debut at the Emmys
- Silicon Valley’s Amanda Crew stuns in sheer sequined sheath on Emmys red carpet