Michelle Obama strives to lead a healthy life.
And the former first lady, 55, provided fans with a sneak peak into one aspect of that — her workout routine — on Instagram yesterday.
More from Footwear News
- First Lady Fashion: The Style Choices of Melania Trump Vs. Michelle Obama
- Michelle Obama Soars in Wedge Sandals With a Bold Blue Pedi That Pops in NYC
- Michelle Obama Sparkles in Sequined Jumpsuit & Classic Black Sandals at Essence Festival
The mother of two posted an image of herself clad in a sports bra and leggings while lifting an exercise ball over her head.
On her feet, the “Becoming” best seller sported teal blue sneakers, adding a pop of color to her black workout look. The shoes boasted a black outsole, a lace-up front and a cage detail on the upper. It was unclear what brand the kicks were from.
“It doesn’t always feel good in the moment. But after the fact, I’m always glad I hit the gym. How did you all take care of yourself on this #SelfCareSunday?” Obama captioned her image. The photo racked up more than 1.5 million likes.
As first lady, Obama was known for championing American designers like Jason Wu and Tanya Taylor, as well as incorporating less expensive pieces from Gap or Target into her wardrobe. With respect to footwear, Jimmy Choo pointy-toed pumps are a longtime closet staple of the attorney’s.
Flip through the gallery for a look back at Michelle Obama’s White House style during her husband’s presidency.
Michelle Obama Sparkles in Sequined Jumpsuit & Classic Black Sandals at Essence Festival
Michelle Obama Soars in Wedge Sandals With a Bold Blue Pedi That Pops in NYC
Michelle Obama Makes Waves in Chic Jumpsuit With Strappy Black Sandals for Latest Book Tour Stop
Best of Footwear News
- Lady Gaga, Gwen Stefani & More Celebrities Wearing Fishnet Tights
- From the Archives: Combat Boots Through the Years
- Celebrities Whose Style Got Better With Age