The Nike Air Ship is one of the brand’s most iconic sneakers, and it’s due for second act. It will reportedly return for the first time in a commemorative sneaker pack that includes an Air Jordan 1 High.
The initial leaks of the return was teased by Fragment Design’s Hiroshi Fujiwara in a series of photos on Instagram. The images revealed the original white and red colorway of the Air Ship that MJ himself wore and accompanied by a red-based Air Jordan 1 featuring the original high-cut construction that’s expected to be similar to the pairs that released in 1985.
More from Footwear News
- Twitter Has a Lot to Say About the 'Boring' Dior x Air Jordan Collab
- Sneakersnstuff Celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Its First Store With a New Air Jordan Collaboration
- Jordan and Dior's Buzzy New Collab Gives a Luxe Twist to an Iconic Sneaker
The Air Ship sneaker debuted in 1984 a year ahead of the Air Jordan 1. Jordan wore it during his rookie campaign as a member of the Chicago Bulls. This was reportedly the shoe that the NBA banned him from wearing in 1984, which eventually cost him a $5,000 fine every time he stepped onto the court despite the penalty.
As of now, Jordan Brand has yet to officially confirm release information surrounding this upcoming Nike Air Ship x Air Jordan 1 High collection.
Jordan and Dior’s Buzzy New Collab Gives a Luxe Twist to an Iconic Sneaker
Nike Sent Travis Scott’s ‘Cactus Jack’ Air Force 1 Collaboration to Lucky Fans
Nike Celebrates Soccer Star Megan Rapinoe With Pink Cleats Inspired by Her Hair Color
Best of Footwear News
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court