Melania Trump loves her stilettos — but she went with a different shoe today for a visit to South Carolina alongside Karen Pence.
Melania teamed her knee-length green trench dress with flats rather than her go-to heels.
More from Footwear News
- Melania Trump Wears '70s-Inspired Patchwork Coat & Her Favorite Pumps to Greet Trick-or-Treaters
- Roger Vivier Teams Up With French Singer on Song, Music Video Spotlighting This California-Inspired Sneaker
- With a 'Clueless' Reboot + Endless '90s Nostalgia, Will the Clog Become the 'It' Shoe of Spring 2020?
The Slovenian American’s shoes were brown suede Roger Vivier ballet flats that featured an almond-shaped toe and the brand’s signature buckle detailing.
Karen, who just wrote a book with daughter Charlotte called “Marlon Bundo’s Best Christmas Ever,” wore a black jumpsuit.
Typically, Melania’s shoe style consists mostly of classic pointed-toe pumps. Her go-to silhouette are Manolo Blahnik’s BB and Christian Louboutin’s So Kate.
Nonetheless, the first lady has opted for Roger Vivier shoes before.
For a visit to the New York Stock Exchange in September, Melania wore a black midi dress with shiny black buckled pumps from the French label. For a visit in June to Normandy, France, FLOTUS teamed the same pumps with a black coat dress.
While Melania usually can be found in stilettos, today wasn’t the first time she swapped out heels for flats. The former model has been spotted in Louboutin ballet flats in the past. She also has worked some more affordable footwear into the mix, including styles from Timberland, Adidas and Converse.
Melania Trump Wears ’70s-Inspired Patchwork Coat & Her Favorite Pumps to Greet Trick-or-Treaters
Melania Trump Wears 4-Inch Stilettos to White House Tennis Pavilion Groundbreaking
Melania Trump Blooms in Abstract Florals & Her Go-To Pumps at White House Dinner
Best of Footwear News
- Second Lady Karen Pence Wears Blazer Dress With Pointy Pumps to Promote Her Christmas Book
- How Aaliyah's Effortlessly Cool Style and Shoes Continues to Influence Fashion
- 10 Times Katy Perry Wore Shoes From Her Namesake Label