Melania Trump knows plenty about what’s trending in fashion. And today, the first lady did not disappoint as she embraced three style statements that popped up in fall 2019 collections — monochrome dressing, browns and slouch boots.
Standing alongside President Donald Trump, Melania wore head-to-toe brown suede at the 72nd annual Thanksgiving turkey pardoning ceremony in the White House Rose Garden. For the occasion, the former model wore a double-breasted Burberry brown suede trench coat with matching knee-high brown suede slouch boots on tall block heels.
More from Footwear News
- Barron Trump, 13, Soars Above Donald and Melania in New Balance Sneakers and an All-Black Outfit
- Melania Trump Welcomes the New White House Christmas Tree in D&G Florals With Thigh-High Boots
- Melania Trump Returns to the White House in the Same Navy Boots She Wore Last November
Of the many footwear styles that were sent down fall ’19 catwalks, slouch boots were popular, as well as monochrome brown dressing, which was seen in materials as varied as suede, cashmere, wool and stamped leather.
The pardoning, a tradition now in its 30th year, turned into a family affair with Donald Trump’s youngest daughter, Tiffany, in attendance. Tiffany was clad in a light blue coat and watched the ceremony from the crowd as her father pardoned 47-pound Butter and 45-pound Bread; both turkeys will now both go to live at Gobbler’s Rest, a turkey sanctuary on the campus of Virginia Tech University.
Later, Melania and Donald’s son, Barron, joined them on their way to spend Thanksgiving in Florida.
Click through the gallery to see more footwear styles that Melania Trump wore in 2018.
Melania Trump Welcomes the New White House Christmas Tree in D&G Florals With Thigh-High Boots
Melania Trump Rewears $50 Zara Loafers at the American Red Cross National Headquarters
Melania Trump Greets the Turkish President in Soaring Louboutin Stilettos
Best of Footwear News
- Hailey Baldwin's Got Supercool Sneaker Style
- Kendall Jenner Is One Step Ahead of the Latest Shoe Trends
- Kate Middleton & Meghan Markle's Favorite Boot Styles