Mel B, of Spice Girls fame, filed for divorce from her husband of almost a decade, Stephen Belafonte. The former couple have been separated since at least late December, according to the divorce filing obtained by People.
Mel B and Belafonte married after a whirlwind romance. The two only dated for five months before tying the knot, People reports. The breakup might come as a surprise to Mel B fans. As recently as February, she was sharing sweet messages about Belanfonte on social media. An Instagram post dated from February 6 features Mel B kissing Belafonte on the cheek with a caption that reads: “My baby boo … We have been through everything that would normally tear couples apart and we have come out on the other side stronger. You loved me before I even [knew] how to really love myself. You are my world, honey and let’s not forget you are a bit of a dickhead too xxxx[.]” The accompanying hashtags reference their ten years of marriage and how “#bitcheswishtheyhadthis.”
Mel B is reportedly seeking joint legal and physical custody of the their 5-year-0ld daughter, Madison Brown Belafonte. The two also have children from previous partners.
- Former Thinx Employee Accuses Miki Agrawal of Sexual Harassment
- Why Millennial Pink Refuses to Go Away
- Donald Trump Jr. Knows Everyone’s Been Making Fun of Him for How He Sits
- 11 People in Interracial Relationships on the Intense Experience of Watching Get Out
- The Single Brit Putting ‘Chicken Fillets’ in Her Bra