The Marvel Cinematic Universe may be entering a new phase on the big screen, but at the same time, a new Disney+ series will be looking back at recent Marvel movie history and imagine what might have happened differently with several of the big heroes.
Loading Video Content
We’ve known for a while that Disney+ would be adding several new TV shows to the MCU including Loki, WandaVision, and Falcon & Winter Solider. But, of all of these, What If? is the only series that isn’t live-action. But that doesn’t mean it’s any less a part of the MCU. In these alternate animated stories, we’re clearly getting cartoon versions of Steve Rogers, Peggy Carter, and yes, even T’Challa as Star-Lord.
Leaked photos of the ‘What If…?’ series pic.twitter.com/yLzmWlCf5N
— cosmic (@Q82004yousef1) September 3, 2019
On Tuesday, some of these images hit the internet. Though they’ve not officially been released by Marvel, some of this concept art was shown at the D23 convention last month. Here’s what to know about the show’s basic concept.
- The show is an anthology series hosted by Jeffrey Wright, who will play a “Watcher,” an alien being that exists outside of regular time in Marvel comics.
- Each episode will focus on a different Marvel story, but with an alternate take like “What if…T’Challa became Star-Lord?”
- Storylines include Steve Rogers as a WWII-era Iron Man, Peggy Carter as Captain America, and many, many more.
- All the big MCU actors will return to provide the voices of their iconic characters.
What If? will debut sometime in 2020 on Disney+. Here’s what to know about subscribing to Disney+.
- One Mom's Toy Story-Themed First Day of School Photo Is Going Viral, Breaking Hearts
- School Library Consults Exorcists, Then Bans Harry Potter Books
- Student Loans and the Real Cost of Sending Our Kids to College
- Scientists Have Decoded Baby Talk. Turns Out They're Bossing Parents Around
The post First Images From Marvel’s ‘What If?’ TV Series Reveal Zombie Captain America appeared first on Fatherly.