- Who is Banana on The Masked Singer season 3? Fans have theories about who could be underneath the yellow costume.
- Based on the clues, Masked Singer fans believe it could be Bret Michaels.
Hands down, one of the most energetic contestants of The Masked Singer season 3 is Banana. The hit competition singing show first introduced Banana on Instagram shortly after Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan’s duct-taped banana exhibit was eaten by performance artist David Datuna. Now, Banana has made it to the final eight, and he's not ready to be unmasked just yet.
But Masked Singer fans have been hard at work coming up with theories about who could be underneath that lively yellow peel. After analyzing the evidence and seeing Banana perform, the internet has come up with a few solid theories.
Who is Banana on The Masked Singer?
Let’s take a look at all the clues we know so far:
- Banana's clue package featured a cowboy hat, pufferfish, and blue collar.
- Banana was shown partying with two green women on a bus and couldn't believe he "overdid it last night," saying "you'd think this was my first rodeo."
- Banana is tough on the outside but a "total smoothie" on the inside and a "hoot" to have at parties.
- Banana can use his voice in any environment and just wants to “see you smile.”
- In a second clue package, a different security guard is seen wearing black cowboy boots.
- Banana is "embracing [his] flaws and rocking out as [his] authentic self."
- Banana and judge Jenny McCarthy "had a little chance to hang as friends," perhaps in the '90s, explaining the friendship bracelet message "nineties love."
- In the third clue package, he revealed “a traumatic injury from his past” made him forget lyrics.
- Banana said that when he first started off on the show, he was just "a party boy looking for a good time."
- A super clue came in the form of a security guard wearing a mask with a mullet.
With the clues adding up each week, there is enough to make a few smart guesses:
The rock singer is easily recognizable with his signature bandana and cowboy hat. Not to mention, Bret has a Pets Rock collection that includes dog collars. Plus, the poisonous pufferfish could be a nod to himself being the lead singer of the band Poison. As for all the partying Banana did in the bus, that aligns perfectly with Bret's old VH1 show, Rock of Love Bus with Bret Michaels.
And when it comes to Banana's traumatic injury, Bret was reportedly hit in the face by a descending set piece after performing at the Tonys in 2009. He suffered a fractured nose and a subsequent brain hemorrhage, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Not to mention, the song he sang was Poison's 1988 hit "Nothin' but a Good Time."
Billy Ray Cyrus
When The Masked Singer premiered in February, viewers were quick to guess that Robot was legendary country star Billy Ray Cyrus. Although this was quickly dismissed, fans are pointing their fingers at him again. In a clue package, Banana shows one of his security guards wearing a yellow mask with black sunglasses and a mullet — and if there’s anyone who famously rocked a mullet, it’s Billy.
Also, what better way to throw people off than to sing one of his hit songs, “Achy Breaky Heart.” What’s more, the father of six is originally from Kentucky, which would explain the cowboy attire and Southern drawl.
That said, Banana's performance of "Achy Breaky Heart" also convinced many that the Southern comedian was taking his chance on the reality competition show. The 62-year-old is originally from Galveston, Texas, which could explain the drawl fans heard while Banana sang. In addition, he was also a performer on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.
Focusing on the blue collar clue, fans believe that Jeff Foxworthy is Banana. The Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? host was also part of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour and launched Blue Collar TV alongside Bill Engvall.
But who is actually Banana on The Masked Singer? It’s tough to say, but our best guess is Bret ... at least, right now.
You Might Also Like