For the first time ever, you can LEGALLY bet on the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest. We are talking favorites, world records, and over/unders.
- For the first ever, ever you can legally bet on the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest. It takes place on July 4th, and if you guys want to bet on it, head over to betmgm.com/yahoo. Now, the reigning champion Joey Chestnut is a crazy favorite at -1,250.
I don't even know if there is any value to bet on Joey Chestnut or take the field, so let's talk about the total instead. The total's set at 73 and 1/2. What do we think, Matt?
- You know, there's two types of people that would take the under in the hot dog eating contest. And that's, one, the people that hate fun and, two, people that love money. And I'm number two. I'm taking the under. Everybody in their mom's gonna be betting over on this, so you know that they've jacked that up.
I mean, who's sitting there hoping nobody eats hot dogs? That's gonna be me. I think it's definitely gonna be under. 71 last year. I think it's gonna be around that same area. I know there might be some different things this year, but I'm gonna to say under. Call me no fun.
- All right. Jared, do you agree? No. I'm with everybody and their mama betting on the over. It's 2020. Nothing's been the same this year. Everything's different. There's gonna be a world record. Plus, my biggest thing is there's not gonna be any fans.
Without any fans, you can eat a lot more. Any time nobody's watching me, I eat so much more. I ate a whole bag of chips by myself the other day. By myself. With people around, you can get self-conscious.
I think Joey Chestnut-- have you seen a picture of this guy? He's a mean green hotdog eating machine. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a world record up by three. I'm taking him at 77.
- Oh my gosh. OK. Well-- yikes. I don't wanna go after that. But I will also take the under, like Matt. I know he probably wants to beat his record, but there's no crowd. No extra push to eat more. And I hear there's less competitors for safety reasons. I like the under.
- Jared said the alternate line at 77 and 1/2.
- 77 is a special [INAUDIBLE].
- That's what I'm taking him for. If he doesn't get 77, I'm mad matter at him. Even if I win my bet, if he gets 75, I'm gonna be like-- everybody is eating more there encouraging, bro. Everybody is eating more.