The It List is Yahoo’s weekly look at the best in pop culture. With the Coronavirus pandemic in mind here are our picks for the week of January 11th.
Don’t Tell a Soul premieres Friday, Jan. 15 in theaters and on VOD. In The Office, Dwight falling down an abandoned well could have easily been a hilarious subplot for an episode.
But in Don’t Tell a Soul, there’s nothing funny about Rainn Wilson’s security guard character getting stuck at the bottom of a forgotten well.
Search Party Season 4 premieres Thursday, Jan. 14 on HBO Max. In Season 4, the search is now for Dory (Alia Shawkat), although her friends don’t seem to be taking it that seriously.
One Night in Miami premieres Friday, Jan. 15 on Amazon Prime Video. The film depicts a fictionalized meeting between Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown, and Sam Cooke after Ali’s historic win over Sonny Liston.
- The "It List" is Yahoo's weekly look at the best in pop culture. With the coronavirus pandemic in mind, here are our picks of the week of January 11th.
In "The Office," Dwight falling down an abandoned well could have easily been a hilarious subplot for an episode. But in "Don't Tell a Soul" there's nothing funny about Rainn Wilson's security guard character getting stuck at the bottom of a forgotten well. Two thieving brothers keep the incident secret to protect themselves, although one has second thoughts and the other doubles down.
- Desperate men do desperate things.
- Goddamn it. Shut up.
- No, you're a monster. Joe, please.
- You'll thank me when it's done.
- Over on HBO Max, the saga of Dory and her morally bankrupt friends continues in season four of "Search Party." And it looks like the lockdown came for Dory too, although for her it seems more non-negotiable. Just remember that the show took a pretty big twist at the end of season three. After Alia Shawkat's character Dory was found not guilty for murder-- and reminder, she is actually a murderer-- she was abducted by a crazed stalker. And in season four, the search is now for Dory, although her friends don't seem to be taking it that seriously.
- OK, so I guess we're back to square one.
- I'm ready to give up. I mean, if I'm being honest, I was ready to give up in the car.
- "One Night in Miami" depicts a fictionalized meeting between Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown, and Sam Cook after Ali's historic win over Sonny Liston. The movie also marks Regina King's directorial debut. It's coming to streaming on Amazon after having a theatrical release on Christmas.
- I don't even have a scratch on my face-- oh my goodness.
- What am I so pretty?
- Come back next week to check out Yahoo's "It List."