The burkini was invented in 2004 as sportswear that would allow Muslim women to uphold Islamic modesty traditions, although designer Aheda Zanetti has said she has sold the product to many non-Muslims as well. Lohan hasn’t officially converted to Islam, but she has embraced it more and more recently.
While Lindsay’s recent Instagrams show her wearing a standard one-piece, she apparently felt that this particular day’s beach outing called for more modest attire. As the Daily Mail points out: “It was a novel new look for the star especially as the main religion practiced in Thailand is Buddhism.”
- Ivanka Trump’s Neighbor Watched People Protest Her While Sipping a Glass of Wine
- How to Get Your Next Profile Picture to Look Like Melania Trump’s Official Portrait
- Bella Hadid Says She’s Proud to Be Muslim
- Kim Kardashian’s Pain Was a Bit Too Palpable
- Ask a Boss: What Should I Do at Work When My Life Is a Mess?