This recipe, perfect for Thanksgiving, comes from Kris Jenner’s new cookbook, In the Kitchen with Kris (Karen Hunter Publishing/Gallery Books).
Photo: Courtesy Simon and Schuster
Sweet Potato Soufflé
Makes 10 to 12 servings
A holiday side dish staple at the Jenner house. For Thanksgiving dinner, here’s the only sweet potato dish you’ll need!
6 sweet potatoes (not yams)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, plus softened butter for ramekins
½ 1-pound box light brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk, preferably Eagle brand
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
6 eggs, beaten
Whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter 2 large ramekins.
2. Quarter the potatoes and boil until soft. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
3. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove skins and mash with a handheld mixer until smooth.
4. Add melted butter, brown and white sugars, condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg to potatoes and blend well.
5. Beat eggs until pale yellow and fold into the potato mixture a third at a time.
6. Pour mixture into the ramekins and bake for about 1 hour. When done, the mixture puffs a little and doesn’t wobble when shaken gently.
7. Serve with fresh whipped cream on the side.