Kobe Bryant, whose Nos. 8 and 24 jerseys will be retired Monday in a halftime ceremony at Staples Center, opens up to Yahoo Sports’ Shams Charania about the moments of his 20-year playing career he wishes he could have back.
Not surprisingly, the former Los Angeles Lakers superstar focuses on a pair of on-court matchups in which he felt he didn’t do enough to push his team to victory and reach the goals he set for himself.
More Kobe Bryant coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Michael Lee: How Kobe became the NBA’s godfather
• Mamba Moments: 20 snapshots from 20 years of Kobe
• Report: Phil Jackson won’t make Kobe ceremony
• Eric Adelson: What if Kobe’s darkest chapter happened today?
• Vikings star salutes Kobe with cleats, TD celebration