Kelsea Ballerini is looking extra strong—and extra happy!
The 29-year-old country star just performed at Shania Twain’s Nashville concert and she wore the coolest cut-out denim romper onstage.
To stay as strong as she is, Kelsea hits a daily step goal of 10,000. She has also gotten back into ballet.
Kelsea dropped a ton of pics from the night and it’s clear that she had a total blast. There’s the 29-year-old country star showing off her sculpted legs and toned abs onstage in the denim romper, followed by a shot of Kelsea tossing her hair like it’s nobody’s business. The final shot shows Kelsea in short cut-offs that put her legs on full display, breaking it down with a bunch of friends.
“Don’t say it don’t say it don’t say it LETS GO GIRLS 👯♀️📣,” she wrote in the caption. “@shaniatwain has been and will be my entire personality forever.”
Kelsea also shared pics working that next-level look in her IG Stories, along with herself in a full body hot pink lace catsuit that shows just how strong she is these days. So, what’s she doing in the fitness department these days? A lot, actually.
For starters, Kelsea delivers some pretty high-energy shows and that’s no joke. But that’s not all she does to get her HR up.
Kelsea has worked with trainer Erin Oprea and she previously shared a leg day workout on YouTube that they did together. In the video, Kelsea and Oprea are doing a series of lunges, kicks, squat jumps, and side kicks set to her song “Hole in the Bottle” for a routine that’s a total thigh-burner.
While she knows how to go hard at the gym, Kelsea told Women’s Health last year that she decided to pump the brakes on her workouts for a bit after she felt like she was burned out on working so hard during her tour with the Jonas Brothers. “As someone that's really struggled with body image my whole life, I really have to be checked in to, 'Am I doing this for the right reasons?' And I felt like by the end of that tour, I was starting to detach from the correct reasons for working out," she said.
That doesn’t mean she’s been sitting on her butt, though. Kelsea said she is a fan of “really long, slow walks” with the goal of hitting 10,000 steps a day. She also started taking private dance lessons in Nashville near her home. “I danced for 10 years when I was younger, and quit when I was 14. But I loved it so much,” she said.
Kelsea told Shape that she’s learned to embrace taking time for herself. “I used to think 'me time' was so narcissistic, but now I realize it's necessary,” she said. “I have a SoulCycle bike, and I love to do that. I am a hot-bath fanatic. I have all my essential oils, and I do that pretty much every night. I can show up in a more present way when I'm taking time for myself too.”
Foodwise, Kelsea told Shape that she’s an 80/20 person. “I try to do what's good for me 80% of the time. The other 20 percent of the time, I just enjoy my life,” she said. “I run through the McDonald's drive-through once a month, and it's fine. Sometimes I'll have a little too much wine, and that's OK too.”
Keep doing you, Kelsea!
You Might Also Like