The color of the Los Angeles Clippers small forward’s sneaker is called “Heat Wave” and comes in a combination of red and hot pink, bright shades that are meant to counter the cold weather blues. The silhouette features a woven upper with an OMN1S basketball logo on the tongue. The FuelCell midsole helps propel the wearer forward.
More from Footwear News
- Kawhi Leonard Files to Trademark Phrases on Footwear & Apparel
- Marketing Plays: New Balance Celebrates NBA Season Opener With Kawhi Leonard Video + More
- Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month With Gear From Brands That Give Back
New Balance has plans to release five more colorways of the sneaker by year-end.
The OMN1S made its on-court debut earlier this year at the 2019 NBA All-Star Game in Charlotte, N.C. New Balance’s initial plan was to make the sneaker available for the first time this fall, but the athletic giant ended up launching the shoe earlier, unexpectedly releasing it during the NBA playoffs as Leonard and his team then, the Toronto Raptors, made a run. The Raptors would go on to win the 2018 NBA Championship.
The OMN1S “Heat Wave” is available for purchase on Newbalance.com; it retails for $140 in men’s and women’s sizing and has a $100 price tag for the kids version. Shoppers hoping to cop a pair in person can visit select Shoe Palace and Foot Locker locations in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Philadelphia, London, mainland China, Taiwan and Singapore.
Marketing Plays: New Balance Celebrates NBA Season Opener With Kawhi Leonard Video + More
Kawhi Leonard Files to Trademark Phrases on Footwear & Apparel
Clippers Baller Kawhi Leonard’s Buzzy New Balance Signature Shoe Returns in Limited Quantities
Best of Footwear News
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court
- 17 Best Basketball Sneakers of All-Time