Shoppers are looking to score big savings on the Nike Air VaporMax, according to Love the Sales.
The discount shopping aggregator compiled searches from 4 million shoppers across 6 million products — determining that the VaporMax was the most hunted after shoe on its site. Searches for the shoe were 25% higher than queries for any other Nike product, with the Air Max 90 taking second place.
More from Footwear News
- The Best 2019 After-Christmas Shoe Sales You Can Expect
- This Concepts x Nike Kyrie Collab Is for Sale at Tonight's Brooklyn Nets Game -- if You Have a Ticket
- Prosecutors Say Michael Avenatti Was $15M in Debt During Alleged Nike Extortion Attempt
Interest in the Nike Air VaporMax may have surged in part due to “the Kate Middleton effect.” The Duchess of Cambridge, who often spikes sales for products she’s worn, she chose the VaporMax while playing tennis with children in 2017. It was a rare casual ensemble for Kate, who teamed the kicks with a quarter-zip and track pants.
The shoes are also more affordable than the duchess’ typical wares, with a price tag of $200 on Nike.com. The VaporMax has a breathable upper, with heel-to-toe cushioning and rubber pods in high-wear areas for enhanced durability. It comes in a slew of fun colorways, although Kate’s pair was understated white.
While the VaporMax was the top searched for shoe on Love the Sales, it was the No. 2 most sought after fashion item, landing below the North Face’s 1996 Retro Nuptse jacket.
Apart from the VaporMax, other shoes to land in Love the Sales’ top 10 most searched for items included Hugo Boss’ Saturn trainers (No. 5), Adidas’ NMD R1 (No. 8) and Moschino’s Logo Strap Trainers (No. 9).
The Most-Searched Shoes of 2019: Crocs, Controversial Sneakers and More
Lyst Index: Bottega Veneta’s Sandals Are the Most Searched Shoes
Here Are the Top 10 Most Searched Sneakers in the US
Best of Footwear News
- Céline Dion's Most Unforgettable Style Moments of 2019
- 7 Genius Royal Style Hacks You'll Wish You Had Known Sooner
- Britney Spears' '90s and Early '00s Street Style Will Have You Feeling Nostalgic