K-Swiss is celebrating the 20th anniversary of “The Matrix” with a limited-edition shoe collection.
The tennis shoe brand has partnered with Warner Bros. Consumer Projects on two styles inspired by the science-fiction flick, including takes on its Classic 2000 sneaker and K-Slide pool shoe.
More from Footwear News
- K-Swiss Celebrates Angry Birds' 10th Anniversary With Limited-Edition Sneakers
- K-Swiss, Sneaker Lab + More Make Their Debut at ComplexCon 2019
- K-Swiss Gives 'Breaking Bad' a 'Dangerous' Sneaker Makeover
The “Matrix Code” Classic 2000 is executed in a black and green colorway. It has a black upper debossed with computer code, and the K-Swiss signature five stripes come in black synthetic patent with green painted edges. The theme continues to the interior, where the sockliner is emblazoned with code artwork. In terms of construction, the shoe has a leather upper and a sturdy rubber outsole, with eyelets made of TPU.
Meanwhile, the “Matrix Code” K-Slides are simple slip-on pool shoes, with green and black computer coding across the upper. The ’90s-inspired shoe has a rubber outsole and a padded ridge for increased comfort.
The shoes will be available on Dec. 26 at Kswiss.com and at select retailers. The styles come in custom Matrix-themed shoeboxes, complete with tissue paper issued by the film.
This is not the first time K-Swiss has released shoes inspired by pop culture movies and TV series. The tennis brand has partnered in the past year with “Angry Birds,” “Clueless,” “Ghostbusters” and “Breaking Bad.”
K-Swiss Gives ‘Breaking Bad’ a ‘Dangerous’ Sneaker Makeover
K-Swiss Is Celebrating the 35th Anniversary of Ghostbusters With a Limited-Edition Sneaker Collection
Alicia Silverstone Shares What She Really Thinks About K-Swiss x ‘Clueless’ Sneakers
Best of Footwear News
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court