Like most moms, Jennifer Garner reads with her kids—a lot. And like many moms, she has favorites (books, that is).
The 48-year-old actress appeared on today’s episode of Mom Brain, where she chatted with podcast hosts Hilaria Baldwin and Daphne Oz about her three children, Violet (14), Seraphina (11) and Samuel (8). Specifically, she shared titles of the books they've read and loved. According to Garner, these are some of the fam's go-to books.
1. And Here's to You by David Elliott
2. Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty
3. Iggy Peck, Architect by Andrea Beaty
4. If I Built a Car by Chris Van Dusen
5. If I Built a House by Chris Van Dusen
6. If I Built a School by Chris Van Dusen
7. Randy Riley's Really Big Hit by Chris Van Dusen
8. The Circus Ship by Chris Van Dusen
9. A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever by Marla Frazee
10. The Seven Silly Eaters by Mary Ann Hoberman
During the episode, Garner also revealed that she’s much more laid back now that her kids are getting older, though she still faces new challenges on a daily basis.
“Every day with parenting is a fresh start to get it right, or a fresh start to try something new. It’s an experiment. And yes, you can follow the books, and I do,” she said. “I was definitely someone who, when my first was little, I was very much preparing the path for my child. I was like, ‘Oh, she’s napping. So, everyone be quiet.’”
Garner went on to share the piece of parenting advice that “has really stuck with me.” She explained, “It’s not until I had my third that I learned to prepare my child for the path, instead of preparing the path for my child.”
A path that's full of great books, we now know.
Listen to the full podcast below.
PureWow may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was created independently from PureWow's editorial and sales departments.