“I love the Veronicas,” said NBC’s Jenna Bush Hager, who was attending the Veronica Beard show at 315 Spring Street Monday afternoon. Hager was referring to sisters-in-law Veronica Miele Beard and Veronica Swanson Beard, cofounders and designers of the 10-year-old contemporary fashion line, who hosted a runway show for the first time.
“I wear their clothes a lot. They’re awesome women. Sisters who work together I’m into,” said Hager.
More from WWD
- Colleen Sherin Named President of Coterie
- Première Vision to Launch Event in China
- Shares of Under Armour Fall On Uncertain Future
Hager’s morning TV schedule precludes her from attending a lot of morning fashion shows, but she said she hopes to get to some evening shows this week.
As for what’s new with her, she said she and Hoda Kotb, cohosts of “Today With Hoda and Jenna,” recently moved into a new live-audience studio, and Oprah Winfrey was their guest on the show Friday.
Other front row guests at Veronica Beard’s show were Padma Lakshmi, Danielle Bernstein, Jamie Chung and Katie Sturino.
Best of WWD
- The Eight Must-See Moments From the 2020 Grammy Awards
- American Dream: What to Know About New Jersey's Supersized Shopping Mall
- The Biggest Spring 2020 Fashion Trends From the Runways