Who knew that Ivanka Trump was such a fan of musical theater, that she’s up for catching a performance on a Wednesday night? Forget the big Broadway musicals, too. Ivanka, it seems, has a liking for smaller, more intimate performances, like the play ‘Come From Away,’ a feel-good story about Canadians helping Americans in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. But such is apparently the case, as Ivanka made a surprise appearance at the play tonight, alongside Nikki Haley, the new ambassador to the United Nations. Judging from photos of her in the audience, she seemed quite excited to be there.
Oh — we should note that Ivanka and Haley weren’t the biggest public figures in attendance at the play tonight. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was also there to introduce the play.
Trudeau and Ivanka reportedly arrived to the play in the same motorcade but different cars. It’s unclear whether Haley and Ivanka were invited by Trudeau or whether their visit was coordinated across administrations in any way.
What we do have, however, is this photo of a very smile-y Ivanka, waiting for the show to begin.
Like we said, who knew she loved the theater so much?
- Let’s All Take a Moment to Admire This Portrait of Kellyanne Conway That’s Displayed in Her Living Room
- Here’s the Story Behind That Viral BBC Family Video You Love
- 11 People in Interracial Relationships on the Intense Experience of Watching Get Out
- Ask Polly: I Quit My Job to Have a Baby – Then I Had a Miscarriage
- This Workout Might Help Reverse the Aging Process, According to a New Study