Ice-Cream Cone Cannoli
Servings: 12 servings
Time: Start to Finish: 35 minutes
12 sugar cones
2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons orange zest
¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
¼ cup chopped pistachios
1. Using a serrated knife, cut about 1½ inches off the end of each cone, removing the pointy ends. (Save these for crumbling on top of ice cream.)
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the ricotta with the sugar, vanilla extract and orange zest to combine. Add the chocolate and mix to combine.
3. Transfer the ricotta mixture to a 1-gallon Ziploc plastic bag. Cut ¼ inch off one of the bottom corners of the bag.
4. Working with one cone at a time, pipe the filling into each cone, stopping when it just reaches the edge.
5. Dip both ends of the cannoli into the pistachios. Serve within 45 minutes of filling.