I think everyone can agree that losing stuff is the WORST.
But there are a few gadgets that can help you take back control.
I’ve noticed a few people using the tile tracker to keep track of their stuff, and it seems to work. You just attach it to your keychain (or anything else you don’t want to lose), and you can find lost items by using the app on your phone.
Never leave your keys behind at the airport again. (Photo: Tile/Instagram)
But recently I came across two other tracking devices that promise to help you find your stuff…and I wanted to see if they worked too.
TrackR is small, and can attach to pretty much anything. (Photo: TrackR)
This is a small Bluetooth enabled device that you attach to your valuables.
The first step is to download the app and sync the TrackR to your phone. Then, simply attach it to something you don’t want to lose —like your keys or a water bottle. If you lose that item, you can open the app and sound an alarm that with help you locate your locate it. This feature works if the lost item is within 100 feet.
If the item is lost in a distant location, the device is enabled with Crowd GPS that will provide GPS coordinates so you can track it down.
- It’s very thin and lightweight. It’s about the size of a quarter.
- The battery will last up to one year with normal use. After that it can be easily replaced.
- The app is very user-friendly, simple, and easy to use.
- It’s available on iphones, ipads, and Androids.
- Doesn’t come with good attachments, only this thin ring and a small piece of adhesive. You’ll have to buy separate attachments or find creative ways to connect it with your belongings.
SecuriTag comes in a variety of different colors. (Photo: SecuriTag)
This tracking device also uses bluetooth to find and secure your valuables.
After downloading the app, make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is on, and pair the the SecuriTag by pushing the button on the side.
If you attach the SecuriTag to, let’s say, your camera, and you misplace it while you’re out, users can sound the alarm via SecuriTag’s app to track it down.
- Once you charge it, the battery will last about two weeks.
- You can personalize your Securitag’s alarm to a variety of sounds.
- Prevent leaving something behind by setting an alarm to go off if you’re walk a certain distance away.
- You have to charge it before you use it. Takes about 2 hours.
- It’s only compatible with iphones.
Cost: Starting at $39.99
Some helpful ways to use tracking device while traveling:
- Animal carrier
- Water bottle
- Kids favorite stuffed animal
- Your child…think about it…pretty awesome!