- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are using 2020 to transition to their new lives away from royal responsibilities and titles. After negotiations with the royal family about what their lives will look like going forward, Meghan and Harry are settling into their life in Canada. In addition to everything else going on in their busy lives, the couple was asked to present at the 92nd Academy Awards tomorrow night, reports Hello!. As much as that would have made every royal fans' heart soar, Meghan and Harry turned down the request.
Per Hello!, a source said "they were honored by the request, but declined the invitation." The publication also added that the Oscars gig would have been the most high-profile appearance for the couple since they announced they would be stepping away from their royal lives. Their response makes sense, especially because the spotlight has been on them—and their future—nonstop since they announced their royal exit. They haven't been hiding out completely, though; Harry spoke at a JP Morgan event on Thursday in Miami. Meghan also attended the event. E! reported that they made subtle entrance and quietly left the event.
"They came in through a private entrance. They did their speech and left before dessert," a source said. "She introduced him and he spoke."
There has been a lot of curiosity surrounding what the Sussexes will be doing in their new, post-royal lives, especially considering that Meghan had an acting career before she married Harry. Last week, Page Six originally published a report that Meghan would be making occasional appearances on her friend Jessica Mulroney's new Netflix show about second weddings, I Do, Redo. That report was denied by royal sources, who said it was "categorically untrue."
You Might Also Like