Guy Fieri’s Las Vegas Restaurant Temporarily Closed After A Worker Tested Positive For COVID-19

Kristin Salaky
Photo credit: Albert L. Ortega - Getty Images
Photo credit: Albert L. Ortega - Getty Images

From Delish

Guy Fieri’s Vegas Kitchen & Bar has temporarily closed after a worker tested positive for COVID-19, according to The Las Vegas Review-Journal.

The restaurant is located in the Linq Hotel, which is owned by the Caesars Entertainment Corporation. The company confirmed the closing to The Journal in a statement but did not elaborate on when the employee tested positive, what their role was, or when the restaurant will reopen.

A Caesars Entertainment Spokesperson told Delish in a statement:

When The LINQ learned that an employee at Guy Fieri’s Vegas Kitchen & Bar had tested positive for COVID-19, it contacted the health department and started working with them to conduct an investigation to determine who had been in close proximity to that employee. As a precaution, the company has decided to close the restaurant temporarily.

The Journal previously reported that this is in line with the company's procedure when an employee or guest tests positive: They'll use surveillance and investigate to determine who, if anyone, interacted with them within six feet for 10 minutes for longer.

This case comes just after two Flamingo Las Vegas employees (a resort also owned by Caesars Entertainment Corporation) tested positive for coronavirus. The company confirmed those cases but also declined to say which department the employees worked for, according to The Reno Gazette Journal.

"Contact tracing protocols were followed," Caesar's Entertainment spokesman Richard Broome told the outlet.

Las Vegas casinos and hotels were permitted to reopen on June 4 after months of temporary closures amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Not all resorts opted to open again and those that did have implemented ramped up safety precautions, added social distancing measures, and limited some services.

You Might Also Like

More From