Good news: for your next occasion, you can still enjoy the delicious sugar cookie taste without all the calories from added sugar. Try Vanessa Williams’ favorite No-Sugar Sugar Cookie recipe. Made with SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, these tasty cookies only have a gram of sugar and less than four grams of fat per serving. Also, if you’re decorating your cookies for a holiday, lightly sprinkling them with colored SPLENDA® Sugar Blend is a great alternative to frosting.
Don’t forget, we’re donating $3.65 (up to $25,000) to the American Diabetes Association now through April 25, 2014 every time you share your SWEET SWAPS™ Ideas with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #SweetSwaps.
No-Sugar Sugar Cookies
Servings Per Recipe: 48
Serving Size: 1 cookie
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup light butter
1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup water
3/4 teaspoon vinegar (white or cider)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet and set aside.
2. Blend together butters, SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer, or by hand. Blend until butter is softened. Add egg substitute, water and vinegar. Mix briefly. Add flours, salt and baking powder. Mix on low speed, until dough is formed. Do not overmix.
3. Remove dough from bowl and place on a floured work surface. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a circle and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate approx. 1 hour, allowing dough to chill.
4. Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out on a floured work surface to desired thickness, approx. 1/4 inch. Cut with cookie cutters. Place cookies on prepared sheet.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the back. Cool on a wire rack.