The following recipe is from goop, the lifestyle website and brand created by Gwyneth Paltrow. Goop is a daily resource for recipes, products, and advice, from a range of trusted experts. Visit goop for more and to sign up for the weekly goop newsletter.
Coconut Flour Pancakes
We love these gluten and dairy free pancakes so much, that they’ve replaced the originals in our kitchen.
¼ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
3 tablespoons coconut oil, plus extra for frying the pancakes
1 tablespoon honey
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup almond milk
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Maple syrup for serving
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and honey until mostly smooth (a few small lumps of coconut oil is fine). Whisk the eggs in one at a time. Add the almond milk, almond extract, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
3. Fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula, and mix until just combined. Try not to overwork the batter, or the pancakes won’t be as fluffy.
4. Heat about 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
5. Add batter (1 heaping tablespoon makes one pancake) and cook for about 2-3 minutes on first side. The batter will not bubble as much as traditional pancakes, so be sure to check the underside and flip when golden brown. Cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
6. Continue cooking pancakes in batches until all of the batter has been used, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed. You should end up with about 12 2-inch pancakes.
7. Serve smothered in maple syrup.