The Cut’s Advent Calendar Gift Guide: Counting down to Christmas with one guaranteed-to-please gift idea under $100 every day.
Away originally made this miniature version of their luggage as a promotional item for editors. But it was such a hit that the brand began to produce them for real, just in time for the holidays.
What makes this case better than your standard fabric pouch? Well, it fits everything I could ever need for travel. For my last trip — to Hawaii — I crammed in the following: a toothbrush, a travel-sized toothpaste, a razor, all of my skin care (8 miniatures in a variety of sizes), and a full tube of sunscreen that just made it under the TSA guidelines. And I had room to spare! My favorite detail: a tiny netted pocket to hold hair ties and earplugs. The entire thing zips up neatly without any bulges.
Full disclosure: I have TSA pre-check, so I almost never need to unpack my liquids. But even if you don’t, it’s still super useful: Just pop your products into a clear baggie within the case. I’m not sure I can overstate how much I love this thing. And at $35, you can get one for your favorite frequent flier and then get one for yourself, too.
at Away Luggage
If you buy something through our links, New York may earn an affiliate commission.
- Ann Coulter Lives an Empty Life of Quiet Desperation (Her Words)
- Black Women Kept Roy Moore Out of Office. Here’s How to Actually Thank Them.
- Women of Fox News Are Furious Over Rupert Murdoch’s Dismissal of Workplace Sexual Harassment
- This Moment Isn’t (Just) About Sex. It’s Really About Work.
- I Love My Short-Haired Bachelor Contestant