Following the release of the “Coming to America” Nike Zoom Freak 1 in August, Eddie Murphy’s classic ’80s film is inspiring another colorway of NBA reigning MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo’s signature basketball sneaker.
This style pays homage to the hilarious “Soul Glo” commercial in the movie, which was a hairstyle product that helps elevate the look of the Jheri curl that was popular in the decade.
More from Footwear News
- Nike Gets Into the Holiday Spirit With the Classic 'Christmas' LeBron 7
- A Classic Christmas Nike Kobe Basketball Sneaker May Be Returning Next Month
- These Fun Nike Basketball Sneakers Are Being Released for the NBA's Opening Week
This pair is styled in a black-based textile mesh upper that’s contrasted by neon pink accents on the sock liner. Pops of yellow covers a majority of the Zoom Air-cushioned midsole, while a large reverse Swoosh branding is featured on the heel. Adding to the look are official “Soul Glo” branding emblazoned on the tongue, heel tab and insole. Check out a detailed look below.
The “Soul Glo” Nike Zoom Freak 1 release on Dec. 28 via the SNKRS app at 10 a.m. ET as well as at select Nike Basketball retailers for $130. With the Milwaukee Bucks scheduled to take on the Philadelphia 76ers for Christmas, fans can expect Antetokounmpo to debut the kicks on court tomorrow.
This Giannis Antetokounmpo Nike Sneaker Is Inspired by the Classic Film ‘Coming to America’
Nike’s Colin Kaepernick Shoes Quickly Sold Out — But You Can Still Get Them
Odell Beckham Jr’s Next Nike Air Max 720 Shoe Features Colors From His Alma Mater
Best of Footwear News
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court