Next to Christmas (and maybe Halloween), Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays of the year—and definitely one of the most Instagram-worthy. Each year on the last Thursday of November, our Instagram feeds are flooded with photos of grinning family members, festive Thanksgiving cocktails, and very, very full plates of turkey. It can be a little bit overwhelming, so there's only one way to make that picture of your Thanksgiving centerpiece or Turkey Day feast stand out: a clever Thanksgiving Instagram caption.
Unlike with other less popular holidays (we're looking at you, St. Patrick's Day), there are no shortage of options when it comes to Thanksgiving captions. If you're the
Butterball goofball in your group, you can earn some laughs and likes with a funny Thanksgiving joke. Feeling especially grateful for your friends and family? A heartfelt Instagram caption about being thankful might be the way to go. Of course, plenty of other people have already said what we're all thinking (like Joey on Friends)—so it's always a good idea to let a Thanksgiving quote do the talking for you.
Between dodging your aunt's nosy questions and making sure you don't burn the pumpkin pie, you'll definitely have a lot on your plate (pun intended) on Thanksgiving. That's why we've done the
turkey legwork for you and came up with the most creative Thanksgiving Instagram captions that are guaranteed to rake in the likes—even from those old high school friends you awkwardly ran into the night before. Now you can focus on more, like finishing all of your mashed potatoes.
Funny Thanksgiving Instagram Captions
- To-do list: Eat, drink, nap.
- I can't button my pants, but it was worth it.
- Gobble 'til you wobble.
- Thankful for elastic waistbands.
- Keep calm and gobble on.
- Family and turkey and football—oh my!
- I came in like a Butterball.
- Reminder: Set your scale back 10 pounds today!
- We offered the turkey some dinner, but he was already stuffed.
- Red wine pairs well with a crazy family.
- Leftovers are for quitters.
- Stuffing is the glue that holds my family together.
- Oh my gourd, I can't eat another bite.
- Casse-rolling right up to Grandma's house.
- Butterball so hard, other turkeys wanna fine me.
- You know I'm all about that baste.
- Bad day to be a turkey.
- Raise your gobble-let for a toast!
- Keep calm and wear stretchy pants.
- Feast your eyes on this.
- May your pants be stretchy, may your glasses stay full, and may your family avoid all talk of politics.
- Sorry, too full to think of a better caption.
- I'm thankful for wine.
Thanksgiving Instagram Captions About Food
- Nobody puts gravy in the corner.
- I'm carbo loading...for Black Friday.
- Good vibes and apple pies.
- Me: "I can't eat another bite!" Also me: "Did you say pie?
- Sorry, this is now a Thanksgiving food fan account.
- May your hearts be as full as your plates today.
- Just keep eating. Just keep eating.
- Calories don't count today.
- Blessed and mashed-potato obsessed.
- Here's to moist turkey (and no one using that word to describe it).
- Is gravy a carb?
- Does anyone know what pumpkin pie tastes like when you're hungry?
- This stuffing is the tur-key to my heart.
- Do I practice fitness? Of course! Fitness all this food in my mouth.
- I'm about to get cranberry sauced.
- Is it too soon to be thinking about leftovers? Asking for a friend.
- Stuffed with stuffing!
- Pies before guys.
- This is now a Thanksgiving leftovers fan account.
- Pro tip: You don't have to answer your family's questions if your mouth is full of food.
- Way full, I feel #blessed.
- I could stop eating, but my mom told me to never quit.
- Clear plates, full stomachs, can’t lose.
Thanksgiving Instagram Captions About Gratitude
- We may not have it all together, but together, we have it all.
- Give thanks for a little, and you will find a lot.
- Why does food always taste better when you eat it with family?
- A happy heart is a thankful heart.
- Giving thanks for the simple things in life.
- Thankful. Grateful. Blessed.
- Thank you for the food before us, the friends beside us, and the love between us.
- There’s always something to be thankful for.
- Together is a wonderful place to be.
- I’m thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, and dreams that turned into reality.
- Being grateful will change your life.
- Give thanks today, and every day after.
- My heart is as full as my plate.
- Life is better when you're thankful.
Thanksgiving Quotes for Instagram Captions
- "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." — Virginia Woolf
- "When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed." — Maya Angelou
- "You can't have Thanksgiving without turkey. That's like Fourth of July without apple pie or Friday with no two pizzas." — Friends
- "Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough." – Oprah Winfrey
- "No one has ever become poor by giving." — Anne Frank
- "Thanksgiving Day, man—not a good day to be my pants." — Kevin James
- "I love Thanksgiving because it's a holiday that is centered around food and family." — Marcus Samuelsson
- "What if today, we were just grateful for everything?" — Charlie Brown
- "Don’t you put words in people’s mouths. You put turkey in people's mouths." — Friends
- "Be thankful for what you have. Your life is someone else’s fairy tale." — Wale Ayeni
- "An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day." — Irv Kupcinet
- "It isn’t so much what’s on the table that matters, as what’s on the chairs." — W.S. Gilbert
- "I come from a family where gravy is a beverage." — Erma Bombeck
- "There are only two ways to live your live. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." — Albert Einstein
- "It's not too much food. This is what we’ve been training for our whole lives. This is our destiny, this is our finest hour." — Gilmore Girls
- "Thanksgiving: Bringing out the best in family dysfunction since 1863." — Unknown
- "I can't cook a Thanksgiving dinner. All I can make is cold cereal and maybe toast." — A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
- "What I love about Thanksgiving is that it’s purely about getting together with friends or family and enjoying food. It’s really for everybody, and it doesn’t matter where you’re from." — Daniel Humm
- "It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a little emotional scarring." — Friends
You Might Also Like