France’s first lady, Brigitte Macron, was stylish today as she stepped out in Normandy, in northern France.
She looked elegant in a powder blue sweater and matching coat and scarf, which she teamed with dark-wash skinny jeans.
More from Footwear News
- France's First Lady Looks Effortlessly Chic in Black and White With Pointed-Toed Pumps
- French First Lady Wears Pumps With Subtle Metallic Accents for Visit With Danish Princess
- First Lady of France's Little Black Dress Matches Her Metallic-Tipped Pumps With These Shiny Accessories
For footwear, the wife of French President Emmanuel Macron ditched her usual power pumps for a more casual silhouette: block-heel booties. Her tan suede boots featured buckles and an almond toe, with zippers on the sides.
When it comes to her typical wardrobe, France’s first lady tends to prefer pieces from Louis Vuitton. The brand’s Eyeline, a classic pointed-toe pump with a stiletto heel and subtle metallic accents, is her go-to dress shoe.
As a Frenchwoman, it’s unsurprising that she embodies French girl style. In comparison to American style, which tends to include trend-forward pieces meant only to last a season or two, the French ethos involves choosing timeless items to build a wardrobe around. The Eyeline pump perfectly embodies the French style, as do today’s coat and skinny jeans.
Although the French first lady’s style tends to be classic, she has also worked more trend-forward footwear styles into her wardrobe on occasion, such as graphic-print block heels or PVC-trimmed pumps.
Flip through the gallery to see more of Brigitte Macron’s shoe styles over the years.
France’s First Lady Looks Effortlessly Chic in Black and White With Pointed-Toed Pumps
French First Lady Wears Pumps With Subtle Metallic Accents for Visit With Danish Princess
First Lady of France Brigitte Macron Recycles Graphic Louis Vuitton Heels at a Surfers Beach on G7 Summit’s Final Day
Best of Footwear News
- Karen Pence Wears LBD With Pointed-Toe Pumps to Promote Her Christmas Book
- How Aaliyah's Effortlessly Cool Style and Shoes Continues to Influence Fashion
- 10 Times Katy Perry Wore Shoes From Her Namesake Label