Barbara Bush’s health is rapidly declining, according to a statement from the office of her husband of 73 years, President George H.W. Bush. After a series of recent hospitalizations, the 92-year-old former first lady has reportedly decided to decline additional medical treatment and will instead “focus on comfort care.” Bush, who is also the mother of former president George W. Bush and Florida governor Jeb Bush, is now resting at her home in Houston surrounded by family, and she is expressing appreciation for “the many kind messages and especially the prayers she is receiving.”
CNN notes that Bush has been battling Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and congestive heart failure for much of the last year.
- 7 Sex Workers on What It Means to Lose Backpage
- The Best Sex Scenes in Movies and Television of 2017
- Let Me Lead You Through the Darkness of Khloé Kardashian and Tristan Thompson’s Relationship
- 9 Teary Moments From Real Weddings
- ‘Should I Leave My Amazing But Incredibly Frustrating Relationship?’