If you haven’t already heard, dip powder manicures are creating quite the buzz in the beauty world. For the uninitiated, a dip powder manicure involves using pigmented powder to coat nails in a glossy color (you might recognize the technique from the many mesmerizing videos of the delicate dipping process on social media).
While the method has actually been around since the 1980s, it only recently began dominating Instagram feeds and making its way onto the menus of nail salons everywhere. And while it’s just recently skyrocketed in popularity, the allure of this trendy nail treatment has always been the same: Unlike traditional manicures, a dip powder nail treatment lasts as long as three to four weeks. It’s also gentler on the skin than gel manicures that use UV light to seal in the polish, or acrylic options that often emit strong chemical smells.
Image courtesy of Amazon.
Because the manicure style is so in-demand—and requires more time and tools than a basic mani—it can cost a pretty penny to have one professionally done. We did the math: One visit to the salon for a dip powder manicure costs around $30 on average, and if you return for regular treatments each month, that adds up to about $360 a year (not including the price of tipping your technician for each service).
Enter: the dip powder nail kit, an affordable way to DIY a trendy manicure for yourself right at home. It’s sure to last longer than your usual polish and topcoat routine, and some cost as little as $12—and will see you through countless at-home manicures—saving you some serious cash in the long run.
Keep scrolling to shop the nine best dip powder nail kits to try at home. Trust us, your nails (and your wallet) will thank you.
- Best for Pros: DipWell Dipping Nail Starter Kit
- Best for Classic Colors: Color Club Serendipity Dip Powder Classic Starter Kit
- Best for Glitter: Nicole Diary Dipping Nail Powder Kit
- Best for Healthy Nails: MEFA Dip Powder Nail Kit
- Best Bargain: KISS Salon Dip Professional Dipping System
- Best for Beginners: Red Carpet Manicure Color Dip Starter Kit
- Best Powders: Modelones Dip Power Set for Nail Art
- Best for French Tips: Lavender Violets Dip Powder Nail Kit
- Best Vegan Formula: Azure Beauty Nail Dipping Powder Starter Kit