Despite the pettiness, trolling and drama of the sports social media world in 2017, the past year *did* provide several bright spots that we’re looking forward to hearing more of in 2018. Check out our five favorite breakouts in the video above.
And if you’re looking for a CliffsNotes version:
- LeBron James used Arthur the Aardvark to let us know his #mood — and everyone trolled him for it.
- Serena Williams had a beautiful baby who already has more Instagram followers than most of us ever will.
- J.Lo helped made A-Rod way less annoying.
- American League MVP Jose Altuve was a World Series sensation.
- Steelers rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster took the NFL and social media by storm.