A simple, yet delicious potato recipe that’s perfect for any occasion.
When it comes to hosting a holiday or dinner party, there’s almost always some sort of potato dish—and why wouldn’t there be? They’re versatile, inexpensive, and irresistibly tasty. Although many of our beloved potato recipes call for butter and cream or a deep fryer, there are many ways to prepare a lighter rendition.
This guilt-free potato recipe uses only five simple ingredients and is baked in the oven. The best part? They’re ready in less than an hour from start to finish. I must warn you, the scent of savory garlic and parmesan will have your family swarming the kitchen.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup finely shredded parmesan, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray an 18- by 13-inch baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Scrub and rinse potatoes. Cut each potato in half then cut into large wedges (about 8 total per potato). Place potatoes on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, top with parmesan, rosemary, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper (about 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper). Toss lightly. Then spread into an even layer.
- Roast in oven for 30 to 35 minutes, turning potatoes to opposite cut side halfway through. Broil during last 1 to 2 minutes to crisp them up even more.
- Top with a few more tablespoons parmesan and parsley. Serve warm.