With no Leonard Fournette this week, many fantasy owners had the opportunity to get creative. Perhaps they took a flier on Fournette’s fellow Jaguar running backs Chris Ivory or T.J. Yeldon. Whatever it may have been, owners were left looking for solutions with Fournette’s absence.
While Jacksonville romped to a 45-7 win over the Houston Texans, that scoreline didn’t translate into other startable commodities like Dede Westbrook Ivory or Yeldon having notable days. Here’s who scored for Jacksonville on Sunday:
- Tommy Bohanon plowed in for a score from the 1-yard-line… twice. And Corey Grant posted 69 yards and a touchdown. Ivory, meanwhile, had a paltry 42 yards on 17 carries. Yeldon wasn’t much better, totaling 52 yards.
- Through the air, Keelan Cole posted a monster day: seven receptions for 186 yards and a score. He’s leading the NFL in receiving yards this week, and he’s owned in three percent of leagues. Teammate Jaydon Mickens reeled in four catches for 61 yards and two touchdowns. His ownership percentage? Zero, just like Bohanon and Mickens. Meanwhile, Westbrook had two receptions for 21 yards and Marqise Lee left early with an ankle injury.
But Jacksonville wasn’t the only place where these little-known players’ successes frustrated fantasy owners aplenty. Other players to score at the expense of more well-known (and oft-started) options:
- Wide receiver Damiere Byrd (percent owned: 0) scored twice for the Panthers while Devin Funchess, who took a big hit to his right shoulder, finished with one catch for 19 yards.
- Giants wide receiver Tavarres King (percent owned: 0) made his two catches count: Two scores and 70 yards. Evan Engram, meanwhile, reeled in eight balls for 87 yards but didn’t score in New York’s loss to Philadelphia.
- In Washington, Kapri Bibbs (percent owned: 0), who signed with the Redskins this week, scored on a 36-yard reception and finished with 47 yards on four catches and six yards on two carries. Samaje Perine, meanwhile, managed just 66 total yards and no scores.