Chaos broke out at the end of Monday’s live broadcast of “Dancing With the Stars,” over confusion about which couples were up for elimination. The show’s new host and executive producer, Tyra Banks, claimed there were errors in the control room and also with her cue cards. This led to too many couples being left onstage at elimination. Unfortunately, Banks has struggled to find acceptance amongst many of the fans, who are still upset that she replaced long-time hosts Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews. One popular tweet read, “You know... this live TV snafu would NEVER have happened under Tom Bergeron’s watch.” Banks eventually got the situation sorted out and apologized profusely for the error in production.
- Which means Anne and Keo, and Vernon and Peta are at the bottom two. There's actually been an error. I'm looking right now, and we have three couples. So we need to clarify this for one second.
- Chaos broke out at the end of Monday's live broadcast of "Dancing with the Stars" over confusion about which couples were up for elimination.
- The bottom two couples are Anne and Keo, and Monica and Val. Please come back. Please have Monica come back. There's been an error in our control room, but we're making it happen. This is live TV, right? This is the craziness of live TV.
- This show's new host and executive producer, Tyra Banks, claimed there were errors in the control room, and also with her cue cards. I'm so sorry.
- Live TV.
- This is live TV. I was reading my cards, but my cards were wrong. So here we go.
- All right, here we go.
- Tyra replaced longtime hosts Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews this season, and has since had to fight online backlash from fans who miss the previous hosts. And Monday's glitch in production didn't help Tyra very much, with one fan tweeting, "so this is live TV is Tyra's excuse? Tom and Aaron would have handled this so much better." While another popular tweet read, "you know, this live TV snafu would never have happened under Tom Bergeron's watch."
Despite the errors, Tyra was able to hurry the judges along and get the elimination all sorted out.
- But the couple I'm going to say--
- We need an answer.
- Monica and Val.
- OK. You gotta say [INAUDIBLE] my ear, [INAUDIBLE]. They're in my ear.
- OK. I'm gonna say Monica and Val.
- OK. All righty. That means that Anne and Keo-- oh, gosh-- are eliminated.