Alessandra Ambrosio has left international modeling agency IMG Models and is now represented by Creative Artists Agency in all areas. The Hollywood talent agency, which signed Adriana Lima, Candice Swanepoel and Winnie Harlow, among others, adds the Brazilian-born model to its growing list of fashion clients as it continues to expand its fashion department.
Ambrosio is best known as a Victoria’s Secret Angel, a role she took on from 2004 to 2017. She was the lingerie company’s first spokesmodel for their Pink line in 2006.
More from WWD
- Tots to Adults Model Management Company Issues Guidelines
- Aerie Welcomes New AerieReal Role Models With Festive, Instagram-friendly Dinner
- Victoria's Secret Is Getting Into Shapewear
Ambrosio has continually been named in Forbes’ list of highest-paid models. She’s been the face of brands Christian Dior, Omega, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Giorgio Armani, Moschino, Dolce & Gabbana and Fendi, among others, and has walked the runway for the likes of Prada, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Oscar de la Renta, Marc Jacobs and Kenzo.
Ambrosio — whose publicist is Milan Blagojevic at Full Picture — has appeared on the covers of Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle and Cosmopolitan; made television appearances on “Project Runway,” “The Tyra Banks Show” and “How I Met Your Mother,” and appeared in the films “Daddy’s Home,” “Daddy’s Home 2” and “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.”
In 2019, the model launched Gal Floripa, a fashion and lifestyle brand.
Best of WWD
- The Eight Must-See Moments From the 2020 Grammy Awards
- American Dream: What to Know About New Jersey's Supersized Shopping Mall
- The Biggest Spring 2020 Fashion Trends From the Runways