Although the New York Knicks haven’t had much to celebrate in recent years, the team has been a part of some of basketball’s biggest moments. And with its next release, Ewing Athletics is celebrating a defining memory of the ’90s known affectionately by fans as “The Dunk.”
Team legend John Starks threw down a monster dunk over Chicago Bulls center Bill Cartwright during Game 2 of the 1993 NBA Eastern Conference Finals, a game the Knicks would win 96-91. Teammate Patrick Ewing — wearing the Ewing Athletics Focus sneaker — set a pick allowing Starks to get to the rim.
More from Footwear News
- The Collabs: September 2019
- New York Knicks Rookie RJ Barrett Signs With Puma
- Ewing Athletics Teams With This Carmelo Anthony-Favorite Brand on a New Sneaker Collab
On Wednesday, the brand will deliver a new-look Focus, a primarily black sneaker with orange and blue details. The heels feature both Starks’s jersey number (3) and his last name. The model was reimagined by New York Knicks super fan and podcast host Anthony Donahue.
The Ewing Athletics Focus “The Dunk” will retail for $140 and be sold via Ewingathletics.com.
Ewing Athletics Teams With This Carmelo Anthony-Favorite Brand on a New Sneaker Collab
Ewing Athletics Pays Homage a ’90s New York Rap Classic for Its Next Sneaker Release
Ewing Athletics Taps ’90s Rap Royalty for Death Row Records Sneaker Collab
Best of Footwear News
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court
- 17 Best Basketball Sneakers of All-Time