It's just about that time, folks, where holiday decorating, parties, and shopping begin to take over our lives. And to help keep you sane, your wallet in check, and ensure that you're able to grab all of the things on your family members' wish lists, Walmart holiday layaway is here to save the day. The service, which is typically only available for jewelry purchases, is available in all Walmart stores from August through December specifically for holiday shoppers. And the best part? There's no opening fee, you are only required to pay for the value of the items you're purchasing.
Here's everything you can expect from Walmart's holiday layaway service, which you can take advantage of now through Dec. 9 (with the exception of Black Friday, Nov. 28).
Walmart's Holiday Layaway Rules For 2019
- Layaway applies to in-store purchases only and may be initiated at the Pickup Desk, Photo Center, or Garden Center.
- Layaway can be used for electronics, auto electronics, large furniture, toys, infant toys and furniture, select sporting goods, small appliances, and jewelry (excludes mobile phones).
- To reserve your items, your initial deposit must be $20 or 20 percent of your purchase, whichever amount is greater (so if your items add up to $200, for example, your 20 percent deposit would be $40).
- Each individual item must be over $10, and to use layaway, the total of your purchases must be over $50.
- Final payment and pickup of your items must be made on or before December 9, 2019 at the same store where the layaway was initiated.
- If the account is closed or canceled, your items will be returned to shelves (whether you choose to close it or it's canceled due to lack of an on-time final payment). You will get the money you've put in back, minus your initial deposit amount of $20 or 20 percent (see number 3).
What If I Need to Return Something I Bought on Layaway?
Great news! Walmart's Returns Policy applies to all layaway transactions. Plus, with the store's holiday return policy, that means gifts and other items that have a 14- or 30-day return period will get an extended window that starts on December 26th, 2019 (so 14 days brings you to a return date of Jan. 10, 2020, and 30 days, Jan. 25, 2020).
If you're interested in giving Walmart's in-store layaway program a go this holiday season, keep scrolling to see some of Walmart's hottest toys of the year for kids that could be perfect to grab now before they potentially sell out or are hard to find.