If you've been following the drama that literally blew up TikTok recently, you've probably heard Nessa Barrett's name like, multiple times. The TikTok star was killing it on the app long before she kissed Chase Hudson, but the incident has definitely plunged her into the spotlight. Want to know more about the 17-year-old? Here's everything you need to know about Nessa.
1. She kissed Chase Hudson. By now, you probably know this, but after breaking up with her boyfriend, Josh Richards, Nessa and Chase kissed. The problem? Chase went to Charli D'Amelio's house right after and didn't tell her about it. This led to a lot of drama among the TikTok community, but Nessa isn't interested in talking about it anymore. "I'm tired of being everyone's scapegoat, no matter what I say or what people say I've done, I get hate online," she told People about the situation.
2. She used to date another TikTok star. Nessa was connected to former Sway House member Josh Richards for about eight months. The two started dating in October 2019 and announced their breakup in June 2020.
"We realized we needed to mature and grow as people," Josh said in a YouTube video announcing their breakup. "We were in a very serious relationship, but almost not ready for as serious as it was."
3. She has been involved in some controversy. Nessa received backlash in April 2020 when she performed a dance on TikTok to a clip of someone reading from the Quran. She later went on TikTok Live to explain what happened.
"We were trying to think of ideas for TikToks and I was scrolling on my For You page and I saw a video of an old guy singing something and I didn’t understand what he was saying but I really thought it was the cutest thing," she explained. "I know that it could have been taken offensively. I just want to apologize for anyone who took it that way and was offended. I think...I’m sorry."
A post shared by The Tiktok Shaderoom (@tiktokroom) on Apr 8, 2020 at 3:07pm PDT
Many were unimpressed by this apology, however.
4. She wants to be a musician. Nessa is moving to LA to pursue a career in music. Following the drama with Chase and Charli, she revealed that she would share her side of the story through her music when she's ready.
5. Her sister got her on TikTok. Nessa's little sister actually inspired her to make a TikTok and she got really into it starting in March 2019. Now, she has over nine million followers on the platform.
7. She's 4'11". Nessa said fans are often very surprised by her height and they expect her to be taller.
Follow Carolyn on Instagram.
You Might Also Like