Tonight the Met Gala will honor Japanese designer Rei Kawakubo, whose Comme des Garçons label has defined the avant-garde in fashion for decades. We’ve compiled everything you need to know here, from a primer on Kawakubo herself to an exhibition guide you’ll want to read before viewing the Met’s Costume Institute retrospective. We’ll continue to update this page tonight.
- I Worked at Fyre Festival. It Was Always Going to Be a Disaster.
- The Married Mom Looking for Men at Balthazar
- The Philosophical Fascists of the Gay Alt-Right
- Teens Explain What Adults Don’t Get About 13 Reasons Why
- Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of May 1