In case you haven’t been counting down since last year, 13 Reasons Why Season 2 dropped May 17 on Netflix. While season 1 was based on the popular book by Jay Asher, we only have a vague idea of what season 2 will entail from spoilers the cast and creators have leaked. What we do know for sure is that Hannah, Clay and the rest of the cast will be returning, along with a group of new characters, including Allison Miller, who plays a litigator working on the Baker family’s case against Hannah’s high school. Here’s what else we know about the actress and her character.
1. Allison played Laura on SyFy's popular show Incorporated. She’s also starred on Terra Nova, Kings, Go On, Carrie and Selfie. And when she was first starting out, she played Candice Bergen’s granddaughter in several episodes of ABC‘s Boston Legal.
2. She'll be starring in a new ABC show. In March, she was cast as the lead in ABC’s new TV drama pilot, A Million Little Things, a comedy about a group of friends who are all stuck in their lives until one of them dies.
3. She’s also starred in several movies. These include the horror movie Devil’s Due and There’s Always Woodstock.
4. She was born in Rome, Italy. But she grew up in Lexington Kentucky before her family settled in Tallahassee, Florida. Her dad was a journalist.
5. She studied dance, piano, acting and singing in high school. She later dropped out of the University of Florida at Gainesville to move to L.A. to pursue an acting career.
6. She plays the guitar. “I remember taking lessons in middle school. That was part of our school, a guitar class,” she told MovieWeb. “My husband bought me a guitar for Christmas one year... and I started taking it with me, traveling, working on sets. Actually, I was in Australia for six months, and I didn't know anybody there, so I spent a lot of time teaching myself how to play guitar there.”
7. She’s married. Allison tied the knot with Adam Nee in Winchester, Kentucky in summer 2012. Nee is also in showbiz - he worked on Comedy Central’s Drunk History, and Alison told KY Forward that he “writes, directs, creates, acts - he does it all”.
8. Even though she’s joining 13 Reasons Why this season, she prefers comedy. “Comedy is probably my favorite because it is so hard,” she told KYForward. “I like the challenge of that. And, it is nice to go to work and get to laugh like a child.”
9. She “hate-watches” The Bachelor. “I just watched the whole season of The Bachelor, so that would probably apply as hate-watching. I feel so bad now. Every Monday night a group of us would get together and hate-watch," she told Esquire.
10. Her favorite show ever is My So Called Life. She references it often, she told Esquire. She also loves Breaking Bad and Downtown Abby.
You Might Also Like