The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are back in the public eye after a six-week hiatus.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visited Canada House today to meet with high commissioner to the U.K. Janice Charette to thank everyone “for the warm Canadian hospitality and support they received during their stay in the country,” according to royal correspondent Omid Scobie. The royal couple spent their first holiday as a family with baby Archie in Canada, opting out of spending Christmas with the rest of the royal family in England.
More from WWD
- How Celebrities Are Celebrating the 2019 Holidays
- President Trump, First Lady Arrive in London for NATO Meeting
- Lab-grown Diamond Label Kimaï, a Meghan Markle Favorite, Raises $1.2M Seed Investment
Markle chose a Stella McCartney camel-colored coat paired with a brown turtleneck, matching Massimo Dutti midi skirt and pointed-toe Jimmy Choo heels for the engagement.
The couple’s appearance at Canada House will be followed by a visit to the Canada Gallery to see an exhibition by indigenous Canadian artist Skawennati, according to Scobie.
The Duke and Duchess largely stayed out of the public eye during their holiday, but made headlines when they shared two new photos of baby Archie: first their family Christmas card and the second a photo of Prince Harry holding Archie revealed in the couple’s year in review video.
— The Queen's Commonwealth Trust (@queenscomtrust) December 23, 2019
Read more here:
WATCH: How to Re-create Meghan Markle’s Go-to Messy Bun
Best of WWD
- American Dream: What to Know About New Jersey's Supersized Shopping Mall
- The Biggest Spring 2020 Fashion Trends From the Runways
- Celebrities at New York Fashion Week Spring 2020