The Duchess of Cambridge added a personal touch to her Remembrance Day look.
More from WWD
- British Duchesses Don Black for Weekend of Remembrance Sunday Events
- Mindy Kaling on Upcoming Netflix Show, the Royal Family and DSW's Holiday Pop-up
- 'The Crown' Star Olivia Colman Receives Honor From British Royal Family
Middleton chose the Code breakers Brooch for the ceremony, which according to the official Poppy Shop web site is “inspired by the rotors of the Enigma machines, from which Allied cryptologists successfully decrypted a vast number of enemy messages during the Second World War.”
Middleton’s brooch choice is said to be a tribute to her grandmother Valerie Glassborow, who served in World War II as a code breaker at Bletchley Park, the primary center for Allied code breaking during the war. The operation was immortalized in the award-wining 2014 film “The Imitation Game.”
The brooch was released earlier this year, and this is the first time Middleton has worn it publicly. Middleton wore the brooch pinned to an Alexander McQueen military-inspired coat and with a veiled fascinator.
Click through the above gallery to see more photos of the British royal family on Remembrance Day.
Read more on the British royal family here:
WATCH: How to Re-create Meghan Markle’s Go-to Messy Bun
Launch Gallery: The British Royal Family Attends Remembrance Day Memorial
Best of WWD
- American Dream: What to Know About New Jersey's Supersized Shopping Mall
- The Biggest Spring 2020 Fashion Trends From the Runways
- Celebrities at New York Fashion Week Spring 2020