Domino’s just shared the ultimate pizza reheating hack

Taylor Rock

From the best pizzerias in America to a pie from the frozen aisle of your local grocery store, there’s just something about a steaming hot cheesy piece of pizza. Most people would agree that a slice is best fresh out of the oven, but leftovers are having a moment too, especially with Domino’s new hack for reheating.

Homemade Pizza and Pizza Dough Recipes for Weeknight Dinners

Say goodbye to slices haphazardly thrown in the microwave to become nothing more than a soggy mess. Prepare your next meal with pride by reheating pizza in the microwave for 30 seconds alongside a half cup of water, Domino’s Australia said in a blog.

Disclaimer: The chain says this is the easiest, but not most reliable trick, and that crispiness is not guaranteed, but it’s worth a shot. Other, more trustworthy methods for reaching a crispy base, fluffy dough and melted cheese include reheating via the oven, hot pan or air fryer.

And if you’re feeling completely bonkers, layer two slices, toppings facing inwards, and place them in a panini press or waffle iron. This will make a pizza sandwich that is crunchy on the outside and melty with toppings on the inside. If that peaks your interest, wait until you see what you can do with a pizza on the grill.

More From

  • Signs you don’t drink enough water

    Getting enough water every day is as important to your body as a good night’s sleep or regular exercise. According to recommendations by the Institute of Medicine and the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, daily water intake should total about 15.5 cups for men and 11.5 cups for women. About 20% of this daily fluid intake typically comes from food, while the other 80% is up to you to drink. When you don’t, you may exhibit these symptoms of dehydration.

  • The best foods for your gut — and why you should care

    To successfully understand what foods you should eat to improve your gut health, it’s important to first understand what exactly gut health is. Gut health is the function and harmony of bacteria in the digestive tract. The successful breakdown of food so that it can deliver nutrients throughout the body is only possible with a healthy gut, and an unhealthy one may cause constipation and heartburn. Now that you know how important a healthy digestive tract is, these are the best foods for your gut.

  • 101 ways to cook an egg

    Eggs are easily one of the most versatile ingredients, yet we more often than not whip up the same scrambled eggs or make the same omelet. If you’re tired of the same ol’ egg dishes, we’ve put together 101 recipes that aren't just breakfast. We’ve covered basics like egg salad and devilled eggs, more daunting things like quiche and shakshuka, and there's even a meringue or two worth trying. Just as a perfect hard-boiled egg always hits the spot, these recipes will do the same.

  • What is Cheetos cheese dust? And other junk food mysteries, solved

    Think back to the last time you drank a soda, say, Mountain Dew or Dr Pepper. What was its flavor, exactly? The last time you unwrapped a Hershey’s Kiss, did you wonder why it has a strip of paper sticking out? Junk food may be delicious, but it’s anything but cut and dried. In fact, there are many mysteries about the junk foods we know and love.So we took stock of all our favorite guilty pleasure foods and uncovered the mysteries behind them. Why do Pop Rocks explode in your mouth? Why are Girl Scout Cookies called Samoas in some places and Caramel deLites in others? What is Cheetos cheese dust? Wonder no more, because we have all the answers to common junk food questions.