(Photo: Getty Images)
There’s a new bright spot in airline travel, albeit a small one. The “get your luggage in 20 minutes or less” guarantee that Delta was testing last month is now a permanent promise.
“Customer response was positive and our employees are rallying to achieve the 20-minute mark, so it’s here to stay,” Delta spokesman Morgan Durrant told USA Today.
That means SkyMiles member whose luggage is not at the baggage claim carousel within 20 minutes of a domestic flight’s arrival gets 2,500 bonus miles.
As Yahoo previously reported, the guarantee comes with quite a bit of fine print:
- It’s available only to eligible SkyMiles members
- It’s only for domestic flights within the U.S. and Puerto Rico
- In order to get your miles, you have to submit an online request form within three days of your arrival and Delta makes the final call about whether to award the bonus miles
- Limit one request per passenger per outbound or return travel, regardless of how many bags you check
- Lost, mishandled, and damaged bags are excluded
- Oversize and overweight baggage and special items (such as wheelchairs, skis, infant car seats, etc.) are not eligible
Alaska Airlines has a similar 20-minute baggage guarantee good for 2,500 frequent flier miles.
Watch Yahoo Travel’s new original series A Broad Abroad.